The Hospice Lottery Terms and Conditions
The Hospice Lottery Partnership Limited is registered in England No. 03458520 and licensed and regulated in Great Britain by The Gambling Commission under account number 5060.
Address:72-80 Akeman Street, Tring, Herts, HP23 6AF
Telephone: 01442 891459 Email: email@example.com Website: hospicelottery.org.uk
By entering the lottery you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“the Rules”). The Hospice Lottery Partnership (HLP) reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. The current Rules will be posted on the website https://hospicelottery.org.uk/. A hard copy may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the HLP offices at the above address. HLP is the Promoter of this Lottery, which is a ‘Society Lottery’ within the meaning of the Gambling Act 2005. The Primary Responsible Person is Belinda Ellis. All of the profits from HLP Lottery go directly towards funding the services of East & North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity, Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity, Harlington Hospice, Hillingdon Hospitals Charity, Michael Sobell Hospice Charity, Rennie Grove Hospice Care, South Bucks Hospice and The Hospice of St Francis (“the charity beneficiaries”) which all help people in our local community to receive the care and support that they need. HLP reserves the right to add or remove charities at any time. Information about how the lottery works, the chances of winning and the breakdown of costs and returns to charities is available at https://hospicelottery.org.uk/important-lottery-information/ or by calling HLP.
- It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery. However, HLP, as part of its commitment to responsible gambling has set a higher minimum age of 18 years. To enter the lottery, you must be a resident of Great Britain aged 18 (eighteen) or over.
- Employees and Board Directors of HLP and their close family members (spouses/partners and children) may not participate in the lottery draws.
- There will be 135 guaranteed weekly winners and 135 weekly prizes consisting of 1 x £1,000, 4 x £25, and 130 x £10, plus 1 Rollover prize (clause 3a) although additional prizes might be offered from time to time. Twice a year the weekly draw will be a Bonus Draw with 1 additional guaranteed £5,000 prize (“Bonus Draw”).
3(a) The Rollover is a separate draw to the main prize draw that each entry is automatically entered into. The non-guaranteed prize allocated to this draw is £500 per week, accumulating in further £500 lots until won. If it reaches a total of £10,000, then the Rollover becomes a guaranteed prize. It has a pre-set 5% chance of being won. However, as the winning number is randomly selected, it can be won in any weekly lottery draw.
4(a). Each entry in a weekly lottery costs £1 payment is via Direct Debit, Debit Card or cash. Payment via Standing Order is not available to new players. All payments must clear through the bank before entries can be entered into the draw and are eligible to win a prize. Direct Debit payments are subject to the Direct Debit Guarantee and can take up to 14 days to process. Players will be advised of their first draw date in their welcome letter.
4(b). Players on a monthly subscription paying £5 per month per entry number will also accumulate up to 4 additional entries into a Bonus Draw, provided that all scheduled payments are made in the six months preceding the Bonus Draw. It is also possible to pay a quarterly subscription of £15, a bi-annual subscription of £30 or an annual subscription of £60 per entry number. If you join part way through the six-month period or a scheduled payment is missed, this will affect how many Bonus Draw entries you accumulate. If you cancel your subscription before funds are allocated to the Bonus Draws, any additional funds that you have accrued will be allocated into subsequent weekly draws (or be returned to you in accordance with clause 12(b) below).
4(c). Up until 02 December 2022, HLP operated a monthly subscription of £4.34 per entry number (or other payments of quarterly subscription of £13, or bi-annual subscription of £26 or an annual subscription of £52 per entry number). Any players that remain with a £4.34 monthly subscription (or equivalent other frequency payment) will not accrue additional entries in the Bonus Draws.
- All lottery entry sales are final and subject to Rule 13 below, and except as allowed under clause 13, no refunds will be made at any time. You acknowledge that your payment of £1 per entry to enter the lottery does not guarantee that you will win any prize.
- The draw for the prizes will be made weekly, normally on a Friday, at the HLP office. Any changes to the draw day will be shown on the website. The draws with the additional bonus prize will normally take place on the first Friday in May and November. You do not need to attend the draw to win a prize. At each draw, winning lottery numbers will be selected using regularly tested random number generator software. Prizes will be allocated in the same sequence as winning lottery numbers are drawn.
- Prize winners will be notified by letter, telephone or email within 7 days of the draw. The weekly winners will also be published (see clause 10) on our website or a list available from the HLP office on request unless you notify us in advance that you object to your information being published. HLP reserves the right to carry out verification checks on prize winners to ensure that the winner meets the requirements of these Rules. HLP reserves the right to refuse to pay out a prize to a winner who does not comply with these Rules, including if they are found to be under 18 years of age or not resident in Great Britain, in which case another winner will be selected.
- The prizes (clause 3) awarded will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only. There are no alternative prizes.
- You are solely responsible for providing HLP with your accurate and up-to-date contact details and advising HLP of any changes to these. HLP will not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details. In the event of winning cheques remaining un-cashed the Promoter reserves the right to return unclaimed prizes to HLP Funds after a period of 6 months.
- HLP may use the name and county of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in connection with promotional activity for lottery if the winner has consented for us to do so.
- A unique, randomly selected lottery number will be issued when you either sign up to a subscription or buy a single entry. An alternate lottery number may be issued on request by a player provided that it has not already been allocated to an existing player.
12(a). You may cancel your lottery subscription at any time by notifying HLP in writing, by telephone or via e-mail (using the contact details that appear at the start of these Rules) although any cancellation received after 1200 hours on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw has taken place.
12(b). Subject to 12(a), if you cancel, we will refund you the amount you are in credit if requested at the time of cancellation otherwise it will be used as credit in future draws. Balances under £1 will not be refunded and will be treated as donations to HLP. If you subscribe by standing order, it is your responsibility to cancel this with your bank.
12(c). In the event that a player dies, we will refund any unused credit in a player’s account to the deceased player’s estate, if requested at the time of cancellation and upon receiving proper notification and proof of death. If no-one wishes to continue the subscription and a refund is not required the deceased’s unique lottery number will cease to be valid and any unused credit will be donated to the proceeds of the Lottery if not claimed after 3 months.
12(d). In the event that it is found that an entrant is either a non-GB resident or under 18 years of age, we will cancel the holder’s unique lottery number. We will endeavour to refund the lottery payment and the entrant will no longer be able to participate in the lottery.
- HLP reserves the right to decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend a player’s entry into the lottery.
- Except as specifically set out in these Rules, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- Without prejudice to Rule 14, HLP shall not be liable for: Any loss or delay of any payment or communication sent by post, email or direct from a bank or building society; Delays or failures in any software or other systems used to run the lottery, including the Banking system; Any refusal by HLP to accept registration or cancellation of a player and any event beyond the reasonable control of HLP.
- HLP’s decisions made in accordance with the Rules shall be final and binding.
- HLP operates a complaints policy, relating to the lottery, details of which are available by writing to HLP or on our website. Complaints should be addressed to the Chief Executive either by telephone, in writing or via email (using the contact details at the start of these Rules). If a complaint relating to a gambling transaction or the management of the transaction is not resolved, it will be referred for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Limited (IBAS).
- HLP will not sell, rent or pass your personal data to unrelated third parties for their own purposes, unless we have your consent to do so, or in the event of regulatory requirement.
- You may access the information held about you by contacting HLP in writing or via email.
- This lottery is a form of gambling. HLP promotes responsible gambling, and you are encouraged to gamble sensibly. A copy of HLP’s Social Gambling Responsibility document is available on request and on our website. HLP is a member of the Hospice Lottery Association and the Lotteries Council and offers individuals access to support, information and advice by contacting BeGambleAware (www.begambleaware.org) or GamCare on 0808 8020 133 (www.gamcare.org.uk).
- A request to self-exclude from HLP gambling products, may be made by contacting the HLP Office via post, telephone or email or via the HLP website (using the contact details at the start of these Rules) but you would not be able to re-join the lottery for 6 months from the date of self-exclusion.
- Pre-paid customer funds are held in a number of separate bank accounts are all segregated from the operating accounts of the company. This is rated as ‘Not protected – Segregation of customer funds’ in the event of insolvency under the Gambling Commission’s rating system.
- In the event that any provision of these Rules is held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Rules shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- HLP reserves the right to amend or modify these Rules without notice.